I began by thoroughly examining the data dictionary and formulating a set of questions. After brainstorming these questions on paper, I delved into the data by reviewing various tables. As I gained a preliminary understanding of the data, I realized the need to aggregate certain columns to enhance information presentation. For instance, I converted individual years into decades and redefined the classification of minifigures from "number included" to "included/not included." To address these needs, I wrote DAX queries.
Subsequently, I reorganized the data into three main categories: Age, Theme, and Pricing. Upon reflection, I refined the initial set of questions, focusing only on the most pertinent findings. Next, I outlined the structure of the report, allocating one page to each category along with an overview page for general information.
I then created visualizations, which led to further discoveries and insights. After generating the charts, I proceeded to write insights for each visual representation. Seeking feedback from peers, I revised certain layout settings and redesigned the LEGO set browser.
Finally, I fine-tuned the placement of charts and paragraphs, ensuring the functionality of all buttons, and meticulously reviewed the entire report for accuracy and coherence.
Trends over years