Advanced MySQL Data Analysis
Master advanced MySQL techniques and apply them to real-world projects using a rich, custom-built ecommerce database.
MySQL is a powerful tool for managing and analyzing relational databases, and a skill that every analyst and BI professional should have in the arsenal. In this course, you'll learn advanced MySQL techniques and apply them to real-world business challenges using a unique, custom-built eCommerce database.
We'll start by introducing the course project, installing the tools we'll need to access our database, and reviewing the core SQL skills that you should be comfortable with before starting the course, including SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins.
From there we'll work through a number of analytics deep dives, including traffic analysis & optimization, website measurement & testing, channel mix, product performance, user analysis, and more. For each topic, we'll introduce the business concept, review the SQL tools that we'll be applying, and then jump straight into hands-on exercises and course projects.
If you're looking for a unique and highly engaging way to develop advanced-level SQL skills, this is the course for you.
- Course Structure & Outline
- DOWNLOAD: Course Resources
- Introducing the Course Project
- Setting Expectations
- Prerequisite Skills Review
- QUIZ: Prerequisite Skills
- MySQL Installation Overview
- MAC Download: Community Server + Workbench
- PC Download: Community Server + Workbench
- Connecting Workbench to the Server
- MySQL Workbench Interface
- IMPORTANT: Prepare Workbench for the Course
- Creating the Maven Fuzzy Factory Database
- Getting to Know the Database
- USE mavenfuzzyfactory;
- Analyzing Top Traffic Sources
- Calculating Conversion Rates
- Bid Optimization & Trend Analysis
- Trending by Source
- Identifying Top Website Pages
- Calculating Bounce Rates
- Analyzing Landing Page Tests
- Page-Level Trending
- Building Funnels & Conversion Paths
- ASSIGNMENT: Mid-Course Project
- SOLUTION: Mid-Course Project
- Analyzing Channel Portfolios
- Comparing Channel Characteristics
- Cross-Channel Bid Optimization
- Tracking Portfolio-Level Trends
- Analyzing Direct Traffic
- Identifying Business Patterns
- Analyzing Seasonality
- Product-Level Analysis
- Measuring Product Launch Impact
- Product-Level Website Pathing
- Building Product Conversion Funnels
- Cross-Sell Analysis
- Product Portfolio Expansion
- Analyzing Refund Rates
- Identifying Repeat Visitors
- Analyzing Time to Repeat
- User Behavior Analysis
- Calculating New vs Repeat Conversion
- ASSIGNMENT: Final Project
- SOLUTION: Final Project
- Course Feedback Survey
- Share the love!
- Next Steps
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Analysts or BI professionals looking to analyze data stored in relational database systems
- SQL users who want to develop advanced skills and master one of the world's most popular and powerful database programming languages
- Anyone looking for a hands-on, practical, and highly engaging way to master MySQL for data analysis
WHAT ARE THE COURSE REQUIREMENTS?
- MySQL Workbench and Community Server (we'll walk you through the install process)
- If you are new to MySQL, please complete the basic MySQL for Data Analysis course first!
Start learning for FREE, no credit card required!
Every subscription includes access to the following course materials
- Interactive Project files
- Downloadable e-books
- Graded quizzes and assessments
- 1-on-1 Expert support
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Verified credentials & accredited badges
Ready to become a
Start learning for free, no credit card required!